Tuesday 15 April 2008

Body Modification

I love tattos I have seven that I am really proud of. I had my first tattoo when I was 18 and have been addicted ever since I will admit the first one I had was to fit in with friends. But since then the various tattoos I have got have all meant something to me and is a reminder of a event in my life. Yes maybe they are also for fashion reasons but I don't think I will ever regret any of them. I have been told that I will regret them when I'm older and people have said imagine what they will look like when you are 70 and all wrinkly. My response is always maybe they wont look so good then but I will have a life long reminder of good times in my life and why I had each one done.
Body Modification is fashionable it can sometimes be like getting a new outfit or hairstyle which is the wrong reasons to alter your body. But if you are doing it for an important reason may that then I say go for it! I don't think tattoos can be seen as rebellious anymore because they are so common. A good program to watch if you want more info and reasons as to why people get tattoos is Miami Ink. During the program you see many people getting tattoos for reminders of important aspects in there life.
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art11.asp
I have included a link to a website that gives a history on tattoos.





No comments: