Saturday 26 April 2008

Comment on Soaps Being Bad!

I agree with the post I have just read on the goings on in various Soaps. Soaps do portray a lot of bad behaviour as being normal such as lots of casual sex and dependency on alcohol. As all soaps feature a pub where the various characters regularly drain there sorrows. I found the recent Hollyoaks story line of two 17 year kids becoming addicted to hard drugs quite disturbing.
I understand that the story is trying to warn young kids off drugs but at the same time I think that it may also encourage some young teens to copy the charecters drug use. As some may think my favourite soap character is doing it so why don't I.
So is it a good or bad thing that soaps tackle these harsh issues, such as Hollyoaks which is aimed at a young audience I think yes and no. The various stories do serve as a warning to many teens but it is possible that they also influence young viewers into copying the characters antics.

http://r3615.blogspot.com/

No comments: